You Make the Difference
Family is a huge factor in a beginner's success. Please help your child....
1. Establish a regular practice schedule, and write it down along with other weekly chores and routines.
2. Have the right supplies for your instrument on hand at all times.
2. Use the Sound Innovations play along CD.
3. Participate in Smart Music. Ask your teacher for more information.
4. Make sure the instrument is in good playing condition.
5. Show interest! This is key. Encourage concerts for friends and family. Be supportive and positive.
7. The best way to be inspired to play music is to see live performances. Seeing any music live can be reinvigorating and it’s important to see as much live music as possible. There are a number of top-notch local performing groups in the area that are cheap, if not free to attend. Please check out these groups for live performances. Now more than ever, you can also find lots of concerts streamed online or through YouTube. Look up some performances of your instrument and get inspired!
University Of Redlands
School of Music - (909) 748-8014
Features hundreds of school and faculty showcases each year with a wide range of instrumentation and musical styles. Free!!! www.redlands.edu
Redlands Symphony Orchestra - Definitely the most exciting music performances available in our area. All the excitement of going to see an Orchestra in LA, but at a fraction of the cost and distance.
Redlands Community Orchestra - A local community group offering free concerts.